Parents, Students and Loyal Falcon Fans,
Due to the continuing pandemic we are releasing our Basketball Winter Event Guidelines that will allow us to navigate through the tough indoor winter season in an attempt to keep our Student-Athletes, Coaches, and Community as safe as possible. There will be limitations on spectators for our indoor events this winter and will fluctuate as the status of St. Joseph County changes from week to week with the transmission of positive cases. We will be releasing our Wrestling guidelines soon, but they will follow closely to the Winter Basketball Plan. Girls Basketball home contests will continue to be played at North Liberty Elementary school until the completion and Grand Opening of the new TCU Gym on December 1, 2020. Please see the following spectator guidelines and if you have any questions please contact the John Glenn Athletic Department.
General Event Procedures:
- Only essential personnel will be allowed at team benches and scorers table.
- Everyone entering the school building and gym must be wearing a face covering at all times. No mask, no admittance. We ask that everyone complies without being asked.
- Spectators should self-screen prior to attending and anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend the contest. Signage is in place at each entrance in regards to the John Glenn School Corporation expectations.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at all entry gates and concession areas.
- Game balls will be rotated and cleaned/sanitized after each quarter.
- Concessions will be available during each event.
Event Spectator Limitations and Ticketing:
- Depending on the ISDH Status for St. Joseph County, JGHS will follow the guidance provided by the Indiana State Department of Health. The following guidelines shall be followed for non-essential personnel admittance:
- Blue (0 and 0.5): Limit spectators in accordance with the Governor of Indiana’s guidelines of no more than 500 at any gathering. Tickets sold at the East and West Gates.
- Yellow (1 and 1.5): Limit spectators to 25% of the gym’s capacity to be allowed into the school facility. Approximately 350 patrons would be admitted. Tickets sold at the East and West Gates.
- Orange (2 and 2.5): Limit spectators to parents/guardians and immediate family only. Passes will be sold to John Glenn player families for the season. Visiting schools athlete family members may purchase 3 tickets per rostered athlete at the West Gate. (Current status as of 11/13/20)
- Red (3): Parents or guardians ONLY will be allowed into the event.
- County status can change from week to week, to see the current COVID status for St. Joseph County please visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm to check admission availability.
- All home games will be streamed live FREE on the SeasonCast smart app that can be downloaded on any Apple or Android device at the JGFalcons channel and can also be accessed via the internet at JGFalcons.mylivegame.com
- Enter through Door 14 on the West side of the building in the parking lot off of Georgia Street.
- A locker room will be provided for your team, we ask that all visiting teams monitor their own locker rooms in regards to masking protocols and social distancing.
- Athletes and team personnel should enter the building wearing masks. We also ask that all team members, coaches, and managers are masked when sitting on the team benches.
- Warm-up basketballs will not be provided this year in recommendation from the NFHS and IHSAA. Please bring basketballs for your warm up periods.
- The scorers bench will be limited to the scoreboard operator, home book statistician, visiting bookkeeper. They should remain distanced for the duration of the game.
- We will not be able to accommodate visiting cheerleaders due to space limitations.
Guidelines for Athletes:
- When athletes are not playing they are required to wear a mask.
- Athletes should use hand sanitizer when appropriate.
- Athletes should social distance when possible.
- Athletes should bring their own water in a bottle that is clearly marked for themselves. If refills are needed a manager can be directed to a refill location.
- Team bench chairs will be arranged for social distancing, we ask those chairs not be moved.
- There will not be handshakes after the game. Coaches can determine how to show sportsmanship during pregame warmups and execute at the conclusion of the game.
- At the conclusion of the game we ask that teams adjourn to the locker room. Teams should leave immediately when ready to depart, there will be no loitering in the gym with parents or fans.
- Home spectators should park on the East side of the building and enter the East Gate at Door 7 by the auxiliary gym.
- Visitor spectators should park on the West side of the building off of Georgia Street and enter the West Gate at Door 14.
- All spectators must wear a face covering.
- Spectators can sit in family units, but should social distance from other spectators.
- Spectators should sit in their team designated areas.
- Spectators should not linger after games. We ask that they leave immediately after the game is concluded. If they are waiting on their own child, they should exit and wait for them in their vehicles.
- Social distancing at the concession stand and restroom facilities is expected.